Agreement between the tournament and the body that directs the men’s circuit for the current season; yes, it will not distribute ATP points.
The ATP announced this Friday that it has reached an agreement with the organization of the Laver Cup 2019 Live Stream, a tournament promoted by Roger Federer that faces Europe against the Rest of the World, to incorporate it into its official calendar as a full-fledged event of the circuit. Thus, the next edition, which will be held from September 20 to 22 in Geneva, will already be an ATP tournament.
Unlike individual tournaments, the Laver Cup will not distribute points for the ranking. However, the agreement with the ATP is a boost to an event that in its first two editions has been full of stars.
The Laver Cup becomes an official ATP tournament
“The Laver Cup is very satisfied with this collaboration with the ATP. We have always wanted to make a place in the world of tennis sports and this agreement after two editions is something that endorses it, has highlighted the CEO of the Laver Cup Tony Godsick in statements collected on the website of the ATP.
The ATP has also made its joy visible after the agreement. “It has been fantastic to see how the players have overturned with the tournament and the response of the fans in the editions of Prague and Chicago,” said the president of the organization Chris Kermode.
Of course, both Roger Federer and Rod Laver have been delighted with the news. “I am getting closer to the end of my career and it is wonderful to see how the tournament will be part of the circuit to which I have dedicated more than twenty years of my life. The agreement is an example of how the tennis family can come together to grow the sport we love, ”said Federer.
For his part, the Australian has been “very grateful for the fact that the ATP recognizes that the Laver Cup plays an important role in raising awareness about the amateur era.” Laver has publicly thanked Federer for his role in the competition. Novak Djokovic or captains Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe have also declared their joy after the agreement.
Federer and Nadal already have rivals of ‘Team World’ in the Laver Cup
Anderon, Isner, Raonic and Shapovalov will be under the command of John McEnroe in the ‘World Team’ that will face Europe in the Laver Cup
The South African Kevin Anderson, the American John Isner and the Canadians Milos Raonic and Denis Shapovalov will be the stars of the “Team World” that next September will face the European team in the third edition of the Laver Cup, the organizers of the tournament confirmed today.
The rest of the world team, captained by John McEnroe, will face Spanish Rafael Nadal, Swiss Roger Federer, Austrian Dominic Thiem, German Alexander Zverev and Italian Fabio Fognini, as confirmed last month.
“Anderson and Isner were key to almost achieving a Team World victory in 2018, and with Raonic we added a powerful service that has won more than once to each of the components of the European team,” McEnroe said when announcing the selection .
The third Laver Cup will be played at the Palexpo exhibition hall in Geneva (Switzerland) from September 20 to 22.
The European team, captained by the Swedish tennis legend Bjorn Borg, has won the two editions played so far, in Prague (2017) and Chicago (2018).
In the absence of two months for the tournament dispute, the names of one more component of the US team and two of the European team remain to be confirmed.
On the Insides of This Laver Cup Getting a Formal part of the ATP. “It is very decent for golfing in general. Any Amazing occasion must Get Started Isner will play at the next version of the Laver Cup that September Here are some quick facts about the Distinctive hardware: 6. Generation of this trophy took more than four hundred hours and also the Cup stands 26 inches tall and weighs 31 lbs. Someplace, and I think that this one is off to an extremely, very excellent beginning,” Isner explained. “I believe it’s very cool that the trophy is put here year round. It even is logical for it to be put here in this place, which is steeped in history”
World No. 15-ranked American is a-team World member as well as also the very best seed in this week’s Hall of Fame Open.
1. Hand-crafted from solid sterling silver suggest the form of the rocket, representing Laver’s nick name. Part of the mission of the crew event is to observe wonderful players from years past the existing and also the near future. These testimonies have been woven right into the design of this Laver Cup trophy.
2. Molten Steel in the portion of Laver’s New England Merchant Bank Trophy From your united states Professional Tennis Championships has been incorporated in the Laver Cup.
3. Curved arms come together representing competitions becoming allies.
4. The 200 notches around the rim re-present Laver’s 200 livelihood tennis tunes. Along with Kevin Anderson, Denis Shapovalov and Milos Raonic. So much on Group Europe, the roster includes Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Alexander Zverev, Dominic Thiem and Fabio Fognini.
5. 2 collections of four rings to the base reflect Laver’s Grand Slams, in 1962 and 1969. Federer created the Laver Cup as a way to honor Rod Laver Tour, the decoration observed a new home for that summertime season in the worldwide Tennis Hall of Fame.